Developing your first android application in Android Studio
Hi Guys, this is another tutorial for our Complete Beginners Android Development Course with Android Studio. In this tutorial you will make a hello world application in android. You will learn how to set up your project and how to run an application on an emulator. Let’s begin.
- Start your android studio.
- Click on start a new Android project.
- Application Name: Provide your application name here.
- Company Domain: It’s a unique Id which helps identify application in google play store. Change it as you want.
- Package Name: Name of the package for your application.
- Project Location: This is where you would love to store your android application.
In this section you choose, for which device your android application is for. Whether it is for Android Phone or Tablet, Android TV, Android Watch or Android Auto etc. Since it’s a beginner tutorial and we are only going to develop for Android Phone or Tablet.
Once you decided about the device, now you need to choose the minimum android version your application will support. For that purpose, click on help me choose.
We are going to choose Android Jellybean API 16. Press Next.
Press on Empty Activity and Next.
You have successfully setup your android application. Now we need to run it on an emulator. In order to do that just press the run button. Or Shift+F10 on windows. If you have no emulator created, Android Studio will ask you to create one. Check my tutorial on how to create Android Emulator in Android Studio here.
Final result will look something like this: